30 before I'm 30 - the results


11.  Do a sky dive or similar adrenaline event for charity.
22nd Sept Descend the dome for Action Cancer.

22.  Become a homeowner.
Sadly this one didn’t work out after two months in the process of buying a home.  Thankfully due to the legalities of the deeds I actually dodged a bullet.  Luckily, I have been able to save for the next place as a result.
33.  Do a trip outside of Europe (that doesn’t speak English)
I was able to visit the Dominican Republic from 1st – 15th October.

44.  Go to and support a political march/rally.
On 7th September there was a women’s rights march for safe, free and legal abortion which I attended.  An emotional and powerful day.

55.  Become a volunteer for a charity (outside of work)
This year I have helped and donated to Another World Belfast and Homeless period Belfast.


66.  Do a pottery class
I took part in a pizza and pottery class at LOAF pottery in Crawfordsburn.  I made a very handmade looking vase from scratch.

77. Start a new lifestyle blog
Ta-da – here we are!
88. Go to a dance/pole fitness class
I didn’t get round to this one actually, but it can roll over to the 2020 list.
99. Speak another language in the country of origin
Happily I did do this one!  I spoke French in Montreal and Spanish in the Dominican Republic.
110.   Celebrate 30th birthday (Drinks/dinner with friends)
I had both a family and friends this year to celebrate three decades!


111.   Go on a trip with Gerald somewhere
Gerald and I were able to have breaks away together to Glasgow and the Highlands.  We as well had a wee spa break at the Slieve Donard.



112.   Visit Gerald in Inverness
Visited Inverness twice over the course of the year to stay with him.

113.   Go camping
Honestly I overlooked this one for too long and then it was just not viable with everything else going on, it’s a rollover too!
114.   Read over 12 books
I finally did this one – after it being on my yearly to do list.  I have read 16 books so far from last November.
115.   Become a brunette/redhead
Initially I went fully redhead but found more comfort-ability in being a ginge.

116.   Go on a hike
As part of the Monkey Jungle and Zip Line day in DR we had to do quite a lot of hiking.  The main issue was it was in 32 degree heat and 70% humidity so I boked the peak.  Totally using this as my hiking benchmark.
117.   Host a dinner party
Since this was supposed to be in my new shiny house – it will need to rollover until I get the new house.
118.   Fly a kite
DONE!
119.   Get a bike (and use it)
Thankfully my work have a bike to work scheme that I was able to avail of here.


220.   Climb Cave Hill.
DONE!

221.   Have a day of ONLY video games/Netflix
DONE!

222.   Get a good pair of full length dungarees
I found Lucy and Yak and got an amazing pair of organic, sustainable dungas.

223.   Get a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick
Gifted “pillow talk” by my cousin Amy.
224.   Go for a full leg wax/sugaring
Went through this before my trip to DR, and oddly enjoyed it.
225.   Eat completely vegan for a week
Shockingly I went a whole month eating completely vegan last January.

226.   Learn how to make soap
Despite buying a kit to get started on this one I haven’t got round to it yet.
227.   Visit a new European country
Prague in November 2019

228.   See 3 new musicals/plays
It ended up being way more than 3 shows!  Some of my favourites I saw this year being Come From Away, Waitress and SIX.

229.   Bake a doggy cake
DONE!

330.   Make gnocchi from scratch
DONE!

Overall I have achieved a total of 25 out of 30 so I think that's not bad going and it's been a fabulous year.

All my feelings,
J9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The love, and life of Margie (1937 - 2019)

Day out on the Poll

Life as a feelings feeling human.