2020 – Half way checkpoint.

Half way through and how am I doing?

Normally at this point I would have some checkpoints I have completed, some I have plans to do and others I just haven’t made enough effort to accomplish.  However, when a global health pandemic (COVID19) hits you gotta take some time to reassess.

  1. Visit at least 2 new countries
    My trip to Poland and musical cruise (stopping off in Belgium) have sadly been cancelled.  Its’ just not a safe time to travel and if I did I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the country properly.  This is on hold for now.
  2. Buy a house
    I have tried! I have put offers on a number of houses which have initiated a bidding war which brought the house to a high price I just couldn’t go higher than.  I am still on the lookout.
  3. Go camping
    Not done yet, decent opportunity to do this now though while stay cations are a thing!
  4. Volunteer and do training in sexual health
    Again, I have tried.  I did do initial volunteering and met with Common Youth to ask for future opportunities.  I have applied for initial training to with ASCET.
  5. Buy a new car
    Finally, one I have actually achieved!  New car purchased in January 2020, and I love it.  Good investment.
  6. Read at least 20 books
    Woohoo! So far this year I’ve read 61 – which is probably the most I’ve ever read in my life.  I hope to read 75 books this year, or even reach 100.
  7. Make soap
    Not yet!
  8. Be more eco (buy zero waste, less single use plastic, cycle in spring/summer, buy less, continue terracycle)
    Yes! Been doing all of these.
  9. Date
    I have done this! Corona is making it difficult to do so at the minute.
  10. Continue to volunteer locally with AWB/HPB
    Yes for both.

Overall I am pretty happy with 5 out of 10 given the circumstances.  Here’s to getting as close to 10 as possible in the next 4 months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The love, and life of Margie (1937 - 2019)

Day out on the Poll

Life as a feelings feeling human.