2018 revisited, and 30 before 30.

It's that time of year! Before I can focus on the year ahead I want to look back, reflect and figure out my main goals for the year ahead.

2018

1. Buy a place of my own.

This has been on it for the last few years and every year I want it a little more.  Come on 2018!
Shockingly - DONE.  I have bought (through mortgage).  Currently working through the paperwork after being approved for a mortgage and instructing a solicitor.

2. Travel to at least 3 new places in the world.
Currently I have Malta booked in March.  Two more please!

DONE. I went to Malta, Naples, Capri and Mount Vesuvius.
3. Donate 7inches plus of my hair to Little Princesses Trust.
Growing it long to hopefully cut it in April with my friend Noeleen.
DONE.  I ended up donating a massive 13 inches, as well as raising £650 for Action Cancer.
4. Get a new job.
Limited to no opportunities where I am.  Time to find a job just as fulfilling where I can grow.

NOT DONE.  Honestly I had so much fun at work this year and it allowed me to save for the house and go on 10 trips.
5. Do an adrenaline event and raise money for Action Cancer.

A charity that does good, and that I have been a part of for over 2 years.
DONE. - Paul and I did the zip line in August 2018 and raised over £200 between us.
6. Volunteer to help the homeless.
An issue I am becoming increasingly worried about in this city and around the world.

NOT DONE.  I did apply for a volunteer post which I didn't get.  Additionally I signed up to do a bag pack but on the day my anxiety got the better of me and I didn't do it.
7. Try and come off all medication completely.
Just try and go back on it if it does not go well.
DONE.  I did try this but it went quite badly, I came off certain medication (which was GREAT for my mental health) but just decreased other necessary medication.

8. Improve diet by reducing dairy and sugar.

DONE.  By becoming vegetarian I have ate a hell of a lot more veg and healthy protein sources.  I mostly completely avoid dairy and exclusively use plant milk and ice cream.
9. Improve fitness - dog walking or gym classes at least twice a week - yoga and pump?
NOT DONE. Unfortunately Marley moved to Ballyhalbert so I lost that connection to walk regularly.  I actually quit the gum because really, who was I kidding?!

10. Do a creative fun class with a friend or alone.

DONE! I did and organised an away day with my team in work doing pottery.

Final result - A solid 7 out of 10!
The most important for me being the purchase (finally) of a place of my own.


Onto 2019, which for the sake of a BIG birthday milestone I created a 30 before 30 list instead.  Comprised with some big and some smaller goals.  (This was made in October 2018 so does have some I have completed my end of 2018)

30 things I want to do before I'm 30 (22nd Nov 2019)
  1. Do a sky dive or similar adrenaline event for charity.
  2. Become a homeowner
  3. Move in and basic furnish house.
  4. Go to and support a political march/rally
  5. Volunteer for a charity (other than Action Cancer)
  6. Do a pottery class.
  7. Start a new lifestyle blog.
  8. Visit Gerald in Inverness
  9. Speak another language in the country of origin.
  10. Celebrate your 30th birthday (Drinks/dinner with friends etc)
  11. Go on a trip with Gerald somewhere.
  12. Go to a dance class or pole fitness.
  13. Go camping.
  14. Read over 12 books
  15. Become a brunette/redhead
  16. Go on a hike.
  17. Host a dinner party.
  18. Fly a kite.
  19. Get a bike (and use it!)
  20. Climb Cave Hill
  21. Have a day of ONLY video games/Netflix
  22. Get a good pair of full length dungarees.
  23. Own a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick.
  24. Go for a full leg wax/sugaring.
  25. Eat completely vegan for a week.
  26. Learn how to make soap - and make it!
  27. Visit a new European country.
  28. See at least 5 new musicals.
  29. Bake a doggy cake.
  30. Make gnocchi from scratch.

A very exciting year ahead for me, hopefully. :)

 

All my feelings,

J9



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The love, and life of Margie (1937 - 2019)

Day out on the Poll