Life update.


Long time no public write!

Despite this blog being a mostly “just-for-me” premise it does give others the opportunity to read it so I try and not to get too personal with my feelings, experiences and relationships.  I have therefore endeavoured into a new world of JOURNALLING, which has meant I’ve had less urges to write here.  I’d ideally like to do both though as they are both valuable.

Life has been BUSY.  I have found that outside of work my free time has been filled with barely a few hours a week where I have no plans.  I have recently started to ad-hoc volunteer with an organisation and I’m realising how extraverted I can be when I’m in a comfortable and happy environment.  I’ve also booked two trips away to Dominican Republic (Oct 19) and Prague (Nov 19) which has taken up every scrap left of my leave until April when my leave is replenished.

I’m slooowly getting there with the 30 before 30 although there may be one of two things which might not happen which are somewhat out of my control sadly.  The house situation is really holding me back with almost buying a place which turned out to be a freehold and offering an amount on a property to then be told they’re going with a lower offer!  It’s exhausting but I’m saving more money every month and I have my mortgage in principle still good.  Who knows? Maybe the market will crash with Brexit and it’ll all work out in the end for me.

My application for the cycle to work scheme went through and now I’m the proud owner of a bike and all the associated gear which is new and exciting for me albeit a little scary without the safety of my car.  I did the cycle from Belfast to Comber (and back) which took me about an hour each way but the combination of hayfever, sun, and arseache was pretty difficult to power through but I got there and it felt like quite the achievement.  I’m trying at the minute to get out at least once a week for a short cycle just to keep in the habit.

After finding a depression support group I’ve been going along (mostly) every week for support, guidance and encouragement for people dealing with mental illness similar to my own and its put me in a good headspace.  It’s a safe place you can talk to people and then just never see them again until you’re back in that room.  The foundations of this I think will serve me well when the darkness creeps back in again.

More experience with hipster f*ckboys have encouraged me to spend some time outside of dating.  I do feel the pull at times to validate myself by redownloading the bittersweet Tinder just incase, but I just don’t want to put in the time.  I want what most humans want which is a incredible long term relationship without the mess of dating, rejection and awkward sex with people who just are gonna break me or bore me.  So for the time being I have all the stuff above and it’s more than enough for me.

All my feelings,
J9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The love, and life of Margie (1937 - 2019)

Day out on the Poll

Life as a feelings feeling human.